CapMetro is looking for visual artists to create original artwork for the MetroArt program
AUSTIN, TX – Calling all Austin-area visual artists! CapMetro is looking for artists for its MetroArt program to create original artwork on vehicles, in transit hubs and in neighborhoods.
Artists living and working in the Austin Metro service area are eligible to apply to the Artist Pool. Past projects have included bus wraps, murals in transit facilities, and artwork applied directly to bus shelters, the transit agency says.
Interested candidates can attend a virtual information session Tuesday, May 17. Visual artists or teams of artists at least 18 years of age or older from all backgrounds, races, cultures, abilities and gender are welcome to apply.
Specific projects for 2022-23 may include, but are not limited to:
- PRIDE Month Bus Wrap
- Hispanic Heritage Month Bus Wrap
- Disability Awareness Month Bus Wrap
- Native American National Heritage Month Bus Wrap
- June 19 bus wrap
- Black History Month Bus Wrap
- Bus wrapping for Women’s History Month
- Asian American Pacific Islander Month Bus Wrap
Are not eligible to apply:
- Full-time permanent employees of CapMetro
- Employees of project consultants and sub-contractors
- Artists with an active contract with the Metro Art program
The pay range for various projects is between $2,500 and $5,000, funded by the Metro Art, Capital Improvement Projects, and CapMetro departments. Artists’ budgets include the design, time, materials, and fabrication of the work itself; CapMetro says it will cover printing, shipping, and setup costs with a separate budget.
Artists will also be promoted on CapMetro’s social media and will have the option to display their social media ID on the artwork.
Interested artists can complete an online application.