E12 Professional Mentorship Program – The University of Sydney
The program is part of the University of Sydney’s Early Offer Year 12 (E12) program, which recognizes students who have a strong motivation to learn, community leadership and high potential for achievement.
Co-designed by E12 Scholars, with 22% of our cohort contributing to its development, the program connects students with mentorship from an experienced industry professional. You can find out more about the program on our online mentoring platform.
If you qualify for the program, you will be matched with a mentor who:
- an early career professional who graduated within the last 2-3 years or an experienced industry leader
- from your favorite industry areas of interest, including arts, culture and creative industries, banking and financial services, engineering, government and defense, health and medicine, law and more.
You will be assigned to a small group with an industry mentor.
You will need to agree to complete:
- an online introductory session during week 2 of semester 2
- 3 mentoring sessions lasting approximately one hour each
- pre-session reflection and reading in the form of eLearning materials
- a post-session reflection.
If you successfully complete the program, you will have the opportunity to participate in a one-on-one mentoring session and access other professional development opportunities.
Meeting times, dates and locations are flexible and will be agreed upon by your group in advance. You also have the option to select a preference for in-person or online meetings.
You can find out more about the commitments of the program on the online mentoring platform.
You are eligible to apply for the program if you are an E12 scholar expecting to be enrolled in your second year of study or higher in Semester 2, 2022.
If you are unsure, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How to register
Applications are now open. You have until August 1, 11:59 p.m. to submit your application.
What happens next
We will assess your application and notify you via email of your acceptance into the program and next steps.
All students who meet commitments throughout the program will receive a certificate of completion and may access additional opportunities.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.