Literary Events in the Colorado Springs Area Starting June 26 | Events calendars
Meet the authors and preview the book – E. Barron “Dream Knights: The Network,” 3:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Penrose Library, Penrose Columbine A, 20 N. Cascade Ave.; mindfortressbooks.com/events.
Live Poetry Ensemble and Book Launch — With Patrice Diechelle, Friday 6-8pm, Oksar Blues Grill & Brew, 118 N. Tejon St.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poetry heals poetry and pottery — Noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday through July 26, Soda Springs Park, 1016 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs; poetryheals.org.
poetry healing workshops — 2-4 p.m. Friday through July 29, Knights of Columbus Hall, 20 W. Pikes Peak Ave.; poetryheals.org.
HOT COMES OFF THE PRESS
Recent offers from regional authors:
• “Which reminds me of a story” by Daniel Singh. Edited by Xlibris). Summary: A collection of short autobiographical anecdotes written for readers in upper elementary and lower middle school, each telling a true and entertaining story of life as it happened to the author during his two years, in a way and from a point of view that engages the young reader.
Children’s Literacy Center — 719-471-8672, childrensliteracycenter.org.
digital hoop — Pikes Peak Library District customers can use Hoopla Digital for free access to videos, music and audiobooks from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Apple TV; hoopladigital.com.
Pikes Peak Library District: ppld.org.
• Calhan, 600 Bank Street.
• Cheyenne Mountain, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain, 230 S. Main St.
• High Prairie, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs, 515 Manitou Ave.
• Monument, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive
• Old Colorado City, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake, 66 Lower Glenway
• Penrose, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass, 8010 Severy Ave, Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE